Yard Debris Collection Rules & Regulations
Following these rules and regulations helps ensure the safety of our operators as yard debris is collected by hand. The Public Works Waste Management Group thanks you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.
Tip: Consider mulch-mowing leaves and grass clippings instead of bagging and dragging them to the curb.
How to Prepare Yard Waste for Collection
- Place yard waste at the curb by 7 a.m. on your scheduled collection day.
- Place yard waste at the curb, away from the water flow line, and at least 3 feet away from other collection items and obstacles such as mailboxes, utility poles and vehicles.
- Do not block the sidewalk. Do not place near or on storm drains.
Bagged Leaves and Grass
- Leaves and grass clippings must be bagged in clear plastic lawn bags.
- No more than 25 bags, weighing no more than 25 pounds each.
- Bagged lawn debris can be placed inside your trash cart.
One 4x4x4-foot pile of limbs shall be collected each service week.
Limbs must be at least 4 feet in length and no larger than 6 inches in diameter.
Limbs under 3 feet in length and twigs can be placed inside your trash cart.
Note: Any work done by private contractors must be disposed of by the contractor.